The Tokyo Electric Power Company, Incorporated (the "Company") hereby notifies all
interested parties that the Company has decided the following outline of issuance of
its 17th Swiss Franc-denominated straight corporate bonds, and its subscription has
started on February 24 in Switzerland. The terms of the issues are as follows:
[Outline of Issue]
1. Type of Bonds Swiss Franc-denominated straight corporate bonds
2. Aggregate amount 300 million Swiss Francs
(equivalent to about 25.1 billion in Japanese Yen)
3. Coupon rate 2.125% of par value per annum
4. Issue price 101.055% of par value
5. Maturity 7-years (bullet maturity)
6. Date of issue March 24, 2010
7. Listing SIX Swiss Exchange
8. Mortgage General mortgage
9. Managers BNP Paribas
Credit Suisse AG
UBS Investment Bank
Please be notified the above mentioned will be the first foreign-currency-denominated
straight corporate bonds in about 3 years since the issuance of the 16th Swiss
Franc-denominated straight corporate bonds (5-year Bonds, 300 million Swiss Francs)
on February 14, 2007.
This press release is for public announcement, not a canvass for investors.
No offering or selling any bonds will be conducted within Japan with respect to the
Bonds specified in this press.
Please note that the above purports to be an accurate and complete translation of
the original Japanese version prepared for the convenience of our English-speaking
audience. However, in the case of any discrepancy between the translation and the
Japanese original, the latter shall prevail.